06 August 2010

OED: Star Wars Collector's Edition

As a logophile, I occasionally browse both my copy of the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary and the OED Online. For one reason or another, I was reading the updated draft entry of remember, v.1 sense 5a, and I found the most startlingly nerdy quotation displayed:

G. LUCAS Star Wars Episode I: Phantom Menace 91, I made this for you. So you'd remember me. I carved it out of a japor snippet... It will bring you good fortune.

There you have it. It seems that some lexicographer out there chose to sacrifice literary integrity to make a nerdy allusion. I suppose I should also check the entries for "father," "force," "droid," …

1 comments:

metin said...

kuşadası transfer
foça transfer
alaçatı transfer
didim transfer
karşıyaka transfer

51FYYA

Post a Comment